Sunday, June 2, 2013

Happy birthday Hubs!

Over the past two days I've been celebrating my wonderful husband. He is one if the best guys in the world. He is an amazing friend, worker, brother, son, nephew, grandson and husband. He's part of the reason I took up my blog again. He's very supportive of just about anything I do and he understand what baking does for me. Now if I can just find a way to make it into a profitable hobby then we are in business, literally. But another blog for another time!

Happy Birthday Clay! 27 years young! We celebrated with family and friends and my task is always to come up with a fun birthday cake for him. Since he isn't a huge chocolate lover, but he can never say no to an Oreo, I went with a Oreo Cookies and Cream cake.. SO GOOD! The recipe was easy and it turned out delicious- only one hitch- didn't read the warning on the bottom of the recipe until it was too late. When you make the frosting for this recipe- you really can't use non-fat, reduced fat, etc cream cheese or whipped cream- totally makes for runny frosting! But I got a little creative with the Oreos and no one really minds the look of something when it's a tasty, sugary treat- so still a success in my book! I didn't get a picture of this creation ( and it definitely was not as pretty as the picture on the blog) , but here is the recipe- Cookies-N-Cream Cake. If you have an Oreo lover in your midst- you will score some major brownie points with this cake. Just remember - read the entire recipe AND directions before starting ;)

Once again.. Happy Birthday Clay! I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment