Monday, June 3, 2013

Kitchen Re-do

Being a homeowner your house is alway evolving.  Decorations change seasonally, the yard always needs refreshing, of course you have to clean, clean and clean some more, and occasionaly you get the crazy idea to put that wish list into action and dramatically change your living space.  After growing up in a home with a contractor for a father, I lived in a constantly revolving space.  But a beautiful space none the less.  There were smaller projects as I grew up but when I was in college my dad decided to rip out the kitchen and dining room- basically half the house and remodel it- and 2+ years later my mom has an amazing kitchen, my dad has the staircase he always wanted and they have a delightfully large dinning room to entertain in. Along with other upgrades my parents house is amazing.  So of course being a product of my enviroment, and now married, I still live in a constantly changing space. Our biggest project to date would have to be our kitchen upgrade.  It did not take nearly the time or budget, as my parents- however it was an amazing transformation and such a big change that makes me happy my husband is so handy. 

I didn't get a great before of the kitchen because really from conception of the idea to the acutal start of the process the picture below is basically what I came home to one day after work.  I knew my dishwasher had been sold, but little did I know while at work the next day- my fridge, stove/oven, and microwave had also been sold.  That was my husband's cue to begin staining the cabinets.  One small detail- we hadn't even purchased new appliances- and of course- I had an event I needed to bake for in the coming week.  At 8pm at night we ventured down to Sears and picked out all new appliances.  Luckily my stove/oven was in stock- we picked that up the next day.  Once the cabinets were stained around it that went in and later that week I put it to work- luckily it was amazing.  Got to the end of the week- cabinets were almost all stained and we were waiting on the appliances. I left town to my dad and husband installing the microwave and my dishwasher and fridge in the garage.  Well my husband busted his butt and got the rest of the cabinets done- appliances in and I came home to a beautiful "new" kitchen.  One of which I am very proud to bake in once again!

On to the next baking adventure!


No comments:

Post a Comment