Sunday, August 5, 2012

When Life Gives You Lemons...

...Make Lemon Bars!

In preparation for my sister's wedding (next May) we are doing a little dessert taste test. Since my sister is not a fan of your traditional wedding cake, and she knows giving me a task to prepare and assist in her big day will keep me preoccupied (for a while) she wants an array of desserts for her guests to pick from. My task: makes all those desserts! My reaction of assigned task: YES! Get to use all my baking gadgets, purchase some new ones (mini cheesecake pan adventure to come) and bake lots of fun stuff!

So...

Item 1: Aunt Paula's Lemon Bars

My beautiful aunt provided her recipe for some tangy sweet lemon bars that are fun to make and even better to eat! A shortbread crust with some added lemon zest makes a nice base for the chewy sugary lemony filling and dusted with powder sugar takes you back to a warm summer day with a big ol glass of lemonade! And they preset wonderfully! These will make a wonderful treat for a great wedding!

More wedding test treats to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment