Friday, August 10, 2012

National S'more Day

Yup, that's right, it is National S'more Day!  And one interesting request from my sister sent me on a s'more search.  In discussing treats for my sister's wedding and seeing what she would want she presented me with the task of some type of s'more treat.  And boy did I find some good treats.  However my favorite so far has to be an updated, less smoke or sticky, verision of the s'more... the S'more Cream Puff.

I was a little aprehensive about making my own cream puffs, but this is probably one of the easier treats I've ever made.  (Note: took them out of the oven at 20 minutes and they deflated a little so will be leaving them in a little longer next time).  Even with just the plain cream puff you have a world of filling/topping options to choose from, but these are S'more Cream Puffs so all we need is a little marshmellow cream, and some decadent chocolate ganache.  You can choose to make your own marshmellow fluff or go with store bought (for my first time, I went with store bought, gonna try going all out next time).  The chocolate ganache with the receipe is amazing and plenitful, so have some extra treats to put it on, or load those cream puffs up!  Also contemplaiting added some graham crackers crumbs somewhere just to get that full effect, but they are delicious as is.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment