Thursday, August 9, 2012

Classy Twix

Trying to be more adventurous, I found the recipe for Salted Caramel Shortbread Bars courtesy of Annie's Eats and figured why not!? Always wanted to make my own caramel ( definitely beats unwrapping all those little ones) and the recipe seemed like a pretty basic yet delicious mix of chocolate and caramel with a salty shortbread layer and little sprinkle of sea salt to cut through all the sugary sweetness. Turns out they were a big hit! My sister just happens to be a huge fan so..

Wedding dessert #2..
I love the idea of an upgraded Twix Bar! So here it is. Starting with the shortbread layer which I whipped up in my food processor and baked. Pour on all that chewy yummy caramel (FYI you'll be stirring for a while, but it's worth it) and then a creamy chocolate layer ! Soo good!

No comments:

Post a Comment